Darla Owens in Havre, MT won the new customer contest and got 13 new customers by going on Facebook live. Here is what she said in her own words, “New customers this month took me to a whole new level! We did a couple of live videos to highlight some back to school products. Seven of our new customers bought the Mac and Cheese because Julie (her daughter) explained how easy it was for soccer nights, ect.” Facebook live can really help your business!
Facebook live is a fantastic way to let your customers know about AP products they will love, to get them excited, and to really grow your business. But it’s so scary! I totally get it. I have complied a few tips to make going live easier and more successful. Enjoy!
- Promote your live video before you start. Post an announcement on Facebook letting people know when you will be going live and what you will be covering.
- Prepare an outline in advance.
- Have a great topic.
- Be real and connect with your audience. Interact with your live viewers.
- Make sure you have good lighting, audio, and an interesting background.
- Stream longer. It’s going to take a few minutes for people to realize you are on so a good amount of time for a video is between 15-20 min.
- Have a call to action! Ask your customers to place an order, check out the catalog, or contact you with their order.
- Embrace mistakes. Mistakes are what make Facebook live so interesting! Laugh at yourself and move on.
- Put your phone on do not disturb.
- Begin speaking immediately, don’t wait for people to show up.
- Introduce yourself and your topic at the beginning and then again in the middle for those who are just joining you.
- Try to relax and have fun with it. The more Facebook live videos you do, the easier it will get.
*BONUS! Did you know you can do a PRACTICE Facebook live video to check lighting, audio, and to make sure you don’t sound like a dork?
Create a practice video by going to your own Facebook profile, and selecting “only me” (it’s in the drop down box) before recording. Then you are free to play it back, check it out, and get the food out of your teeth before you go live for real jk.
Even though it feels really scary, Facebook live can be a great way to grow your business. Try it! You might be surprised at how well it goes!